Union Assurance PLC
Union Assurance is a leading corporate citizen in the Life Insurance industry backed by the strength and stability of one of Sri Lanka’s largest conglomerates – John Keells Holdings PLC. Standing on a cornerstone of protecting the lives of Sri Lankans for more than 33 years, we have won the hearts of our customers and employees alike with our integrity and professionalism. Our way of working is all about accepting and embracing our values, and acting with social responsibility.
In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. You should have the ability to work effectively and independently under minimum supervision. Ability to estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate development activities with development and QA/UAT teams.
You should undertake task related to Defect Management and coordination with the development teams. You should provide regular DEV progress updates to development heads on project status. Ultimately, you will enhance our business intelligence system to help us make better decisions.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy Bl solutions (e.g. reporting tools / Crystal Report)
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (eg. QlikView/Power BI)
- Create tools to store data (e.g. Azure Data Lake /Azure Data Factory)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing Bl systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
The Applicant should possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field preferably with
- Database systems and Business Intelligence as core subject streams
- Strong knowledge of SQL is a must.
- Industry certifications in Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence technologies such as MS SQL,
- MySQL, PL/SQL, Business Intelligence, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, etc., would be preferred.
- Experience in working with several heterogeneous database platforms and multiple sources of data and experience in testing ETLs which extracts data from these sources into a central data warehouse will be an advantage
- Client handling experience (e.g. Experience in conducting/involving in business requirement gathering sessions, Client expectation management, Conflict resolution…etc.)
Design and develop software programs to meet action plan requirements and user requirements with regard to Life Insurance System and other support systems.
The selected candidate for the above position will be entitled to an attractive remuneration package. Applicants who are interested are encouraged to apply on or before 30th November 2020.
To apply for this job please visit careers.keells.com.