How To Use?
You agree and understand that www.angadi.com.lk is an internet enabled electronic platform that facilitates communication for the purposes of advertising and distributing information pertaining to goods and/ or services. You further agree and understand that we do not endorse, market or promote any of the listings, postings or information, nor do we at any point in time come into possession of or engage in the distribution of any of the goods and/ or services, you have posted, listed or provided information about on our site. While interacting with other users on our site, with respect to any listing, posting or information we strongly encourage you to exercise reasonable diligence as you would in traditional off line channels and practice judgment and common sense before committing to or complete intended sale, purchase of any goods or services or exchange of information. While making use of angadi.com.lk classifieds and other services, you will post in the appropriate category or area and you agree that your use of the Site shall be strictly governed by this ATU including the policy for listing of your Classified which shall not violate the prohibited and restricted items policy (herein after referred to as the Listing Policy.) The listing policy shall be read as part of this ATU and is incorporated in this ATU by way of reference:
a. “Your Information” is defined as any information you provide to us or other users of the Site during the registration, posting, listing or replying process of classifieds, in the feedback area (if any), through the discussion forums or in the course of using any other feature of the Services. You agree that you are the lawful owner having all rights, title and interest in your information, and further agree that you are solely responsible and accountable for Your Information and that we act as a mere platform for your online distribution and publication of Your Information.
b. You agree that your listing, posting and / or Information:
- shall “not be fraudulent, misrepresent, mislead or pertain to the sale of any illegal, counterfeit, stolen goods and / or services
- shall not pertain to good, services of which you are not the lawful owner or you do not have the authority or consent to ‘list’ which do not belong to you or you do not have the authority for
- shall not infringe any intellectual property, trade secret, or other proprietary right or rights of publicity or privacy of any third party;
- shall not consist of material that is an expression of bigotry, racism or hatred based on age, gender, race, religion, caste, class, lifestyle preference, and nationality and / or is in the nature of being derogatory, slanderous to any third party;
- shall not be obscene, contain pornography;
- shall not distribute or contain spam, multiple / chain letters, or pyramid schemes in any of its forms;
- shall not distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm angadi.com.lk or the interests or property of angadi.com.lk users or impose an unreasonable load on the infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of angadi.com.lk;
- shall not, directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any goods and services, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
- shall not be placed in a wrong category or in an incorrect area of the site;
- shall not list or post or pertain to information that is either prohibited or restricted under the laws of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and such listing, posting or information shall not violate angadi.com.lk’s Listing Policy
You agree to inform us if you come across any listing or posting that is offensive or violates our listing policy or infringes any intellectual property rights by clicking on the following link angadi.com.lk/contact-us/ to enable us to keep the site working efficiently and in a safe manner. We reserve the right to take down any posting, listing or information and or limit or terminate our services and further take all reasonable technical and legal steps to prevent the misuse of the Site in keeping with the letter and spirit of this ATU and the listing policy. In the event you encounter any problems with the use of our site or services you are requested to report the problem by clicking on this link angadi.com.lk/contact-us/
You agree that in the event your listing, posting or your information violates any provision of this ATU or our listing policy, we shall have the right to terminate and or suspend your membership of the Site and refuse to provide you or any person acting on your behalf, access to the Site.
The Site contains content which includes Your Information, angadi.com.lk information and information from other users. You agree not to copy, modify, or distribute such content (other than Your Information), angadi.com.lk’s copyrights or trademarks. When you give us any content as part of Your Information, you are granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, perform and display such content (in whole or part) worldwide through the Site as well as on any of our affiliates or partner’s websites, publications and mobile platform. We need these rights with respect to the content in Your Information in order to host and display your content. If you believe that there is a violation, please notify us by clicking here angadi.com.lk/contact-us/.
We reserve the right to remove any such content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms and our Listing Policy or of any party’s rights.
- The services provided to You are aimed at providing recruitment solutions and should be restricted to contacting suitable candidates for genuine jobs in existence. Mailing practices such as transmitting marketing and promotional mailers/ offensive messages/ messages with misleading subject lines in order to intentionally obfuscate the original message, are strictly prohibited. Similarly, posting jobs without authorization from the end employer is an incorrect practice and is prohibited. We reserve the right to terminate services, without prior notice, to the originator of spam. No refund shall be admissible under such circumstances.
- You undertake that the jobs sought to be advertised on any section of the Platform or job opportunities with regard to which candidates are contacted through the RESDEX database are in existence, genuine and You have the authority to advertise or act as a recruiter to ensure that the job vacancies are closed.
- A User shall be subject to Quotas as applicable and as advised. The number of transactions i.e. CV access/views/downloads/job postings per day shall also be restricted as per the current prevalent limit per log in, each log in is required to be specific to identifiable one individual user alone.
- Unless You are utilizing the Platform in the capacity of a consultant fulfilling the hiring requirements of an end employer, the transfer/ movement of Resumes/CVs out of Recruiter’s establishment is not permissible.
- You shall ensure compliance with all applicable laws for the protection of the personal details of the users whose profiles are accessed by You through the Platform, including but not limited to compliance with any laws/regulations relating to unsolicited communications etc, the Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Regulations, 2010 as also rules, regulations, guidelines, bye laws and notifications made thereunder, while availing services of the Company on the Platform.
- You agree to provide reasonable assistance as is necessary to facilitate the handling of any Data Security Breach (as applicable under GDPR or any other applicable Data Security law) in an expeditious and compliant manner
- You shall implement adequate technical and organizational controls to protect the shared personal data obtained from the Company against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure
- You agree that the responsibility for complying with a data subject request lies with the party which holds/processes the personal data collected/shared
- You warrant and represent that the institution shall not disclose or transfer personal data obtained from the Company to any sub-processors without ensuring that adequate and equivalent safeguards to the personal data.
- You shall retain or process shared personal data for no longer than is necessary to carry out the agreed purposes which in any case shall not exceed 90 day (in the case of response to a listing 180 days) and thereafter destroy these. The Company reserves it right to seek a certificate to this effect from You.
- Any piece of personal data that is downloaded by You from the Platform, shall be used only for fulfilling hiring requirements, any usage for any other purposes is strictly prohibited.
The Platform and the Recruiters etc. (as applicable) would act as independent controllers in their respective capacity. For more details please visit the data protection amendment .
- You agree that you are responsible for the documents, screening questions, comment threads, and additional information asked from the job seekers when they apply to a job posted by you through the Platform. You shall ensure that any additional information collected from the job seekers during their interaction with you in any form through the interface provided by the Platform shall not include special categories of information (such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, sexual orientation, passwords, financial information and health information) until explicit consent is taken from the job seekers (data subjects).
In such cases where the Platform is processing information exclusively on your behalf, it acts in the capacity of a data processor with you acting as the data controller. For more details please visit the data protection amendment .
- The Company shall be entitled to place the information relating to vacancies in specified sections on the Platform and such other mirror or parallel website(s) or in allied publications as the Company may deem fit and proper but such additional publication shall be without any extra cost to You.
- The information related to job vacancies displayed on the Platform shall be for a fixed period (currently 62 days), which period is subject to change.
- Depending on the type of listing that has been subscribed, the features and the fields may vary.
- By posting/uploading a job posting/listing on the Platform, You confirm that You have obtained all licenses/permits as are necessary for the said activity and to indemnify the Company against all claims, damages arising out of actions/claims that may be made by third parties in relation to the same.
- The Company has the right to make all such modifications/editing of the vacancy details in order to fit its data structure.
- The Company reserves its right to reject any insertion or information/data provided by you without assigning any reason either before uploading or after uploading the vacancy details.
- The Company will commence providing the services only upon receipt of amount/charges upfront either from You or from a third party on Your behalf
- In case You have opted for shortlisting services, the Company will make best efforts to use the parameters provided by You to short list, but takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the short listing based on the parameters for selection as specified by You. The Company does not act as an agent of the Recruiter.
- The Company offers no guarantee nor warranties that there would be a satisfactory response or any response at all once the job vacancy is put on display or for any responses received/contacts made through the RESDEX database.
- The Company shall in no way be held liable for any information obtained/received by You and it shall be Your sole responsibility to check, authenticate and verify the information/response received at Your own cost and expense.
- Any actions taken by an employer/recruiter on the basis of the background check report or otherwise, are the employer’s/recruiter's responsibility alone and the Company will not be liable in any manner for the consequences of such action taken by the user.
- No fee shall be charged by the Recruiter from any person who responds to jobs advertised on the Platform. You further undertake to use the database to contact candidates for jobs only.
- The Company reserves its right to change the look, feel, design, prominence, depiction, classification of the Platform or any portion thereof at any time without providing any prior intimation to you.
- Usage from third party premises/networks without prior written permission of the Company is not permitted.
- You are entitled to store job applications/uploaded CVs on the Platform up to the prescribed allowable limit during the validity period of the services. The Company will not be responsible for restoring data against services that have expired or for job vacancies that have been removed.
- You may also be offered other services, including use of the Response manager, access to RESDEX (Resume Database Access) for the period of services and banners on a "run of the website" basis as agreed with the Company. These services entitle one company/entity alone to put up a microsite within the domain of the Site having a maximum data size as applicable during the validity period of the services